The more times you show up in searches the better.
A good place to start is social media. Start with Google Plus, business pages, structured data, and Facebook. From there add content to Pinterest, and LinkedIN. Talk to QUALITY businesses related to your industry and ask them to link to your website. Avoid press releases, indices and sites where you pay to get listed.
SIMPLE WAYS TO BUILD YOUR ONLINE COMMUNITY
“Building a global community that works for everyone starts with the millions of smaller communities and intimate social structures we turn to for our personal, emotional and spiritual needs. Whether they’re churches, sports teams, unions or other local groups, they all share important roles as social infrastructure for our communities. They provide all of us with a sense of purpose and hope; moral validation that we are needed and part of something bigger than ourselves; comfort that we are not alone and a community is looking out for us; mentorship, guidance and personal development; a safety net; values, cultural norms and accountability; social gatherings, rituals and a way to meet new people; and a way to pass time.” – Building Global Community
The whole concept behind Web 2.0 is sharing. You are not an island of one. The larger your audience the more traffic you will generate.
You can increase the size of your sharing circle by doing a few simple things.
- Write really good content. Take the time to write content that your audience is looking for. The title of your post quite possibly is the most important part of your post.
- Look where your competitors are sharing their articles and share in similar places yourself. Sharing your photography to photographers doesn’t get your photography in front of the people that want to buy photography. If anything it puts it in front of your competitors which would rather succeed themselves rather than you.
- Generally, an update to a post will have more hits than an original post. Instead of starting with zero hits, why not start with several?
- Share other people’s content and they will share yours. People will think to return the favor. If you refuse to share in return they will also take note of that and stop sharing your content.
- People are after products or information. Give one or both to your clients.